This blog is to document my participation in Project 365.

I will take at least one photo a day and share it.

This is for me. This is my form of self expression.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 77- Sewing



Beginning to learn to sew was not on my pressing "To Do" list for today, but it was the only thing on my "Want To Do" list today.

Both of my Grandmothers, Anna & Bonnie, were great seamstresses; fashioning their children's clothes, dolls, Barbie clothes and even professional drapes for JC Penney.  My mother is an extremely talented and patient crafter of many arts including sewing (she made my sister's prom dress!)  I've always felt I should learn to sew.  Don't I owe it to my kids to be able to whip up a custom Halloween costume should they desire something not sold at Party City? (not sure that's possible, have you seen their selection!) I however lack the spacial sense and patience required and honestly haven't but my best effort into my previous failed attempts to be taught. (Pretty sure I've said, "Can't we just use a glue gun to put it all together?!)

My oldest is in love with Little House on the Prairie and wants a pinafore for the upcoming Pioneer Day at school.  My husband has encouraged me skip the stress and go for eBay but I'm enjoying the lessons of a tradition passed down.  That being said, my mother is an excellent teacher and am simply cutting and sewing exactly where she tells me and when I did continue without her... I then spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how I managed to sew the arm holes inside out, ripping out the seams and fixing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment