Each of my kids have a pebble jar which they try to fill to the top. They earn pebbles (actually flat glass marbles) for being good... good listeners, good helpers, good students, good anything. They can also loose pebbles for being naughty. When they fill their jar, they pick a reward. Tonight LG filled her jar for the first time. Her chosen reward? To sleep with mom and dad. She's so proud and so am I :)
(Tips that have worked for those interested in trying... the amount earned or removed is proportionate to the deed. They can't ask for pebbles. They can award each other pebbles but may not take them away. No comparing pebble jars. The size of the jar can make a big difference!)
I've been thinking about starting something like this. We're very into Harry Potter around here, and I thought of it when we were talking about Hogwarts House Points. It's good to hear it's working for you!
ReplyDelete